 Robotics / Handy Board / 2395
2394  |  2396
Subject:
voice synthesis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 03:27:08 GMT

Has anyone been able to set up a voice synthesis circuit with their Handy
Board?  I remember that quite a few years ago, Radio Shack carried a pair
of voice synthesis chips that appeared easy to connect to an 8 bit data bus
or serial line, but my local Radio Shack doesn't carry the chips anymore,
and says that they can't even be special ordered.  Is there still a source
for these chips, or is there a newer (ie. post 1988 or so :-) solution?
I'm looking for chips that I can easily put onto the HB's expansion bus and
send strings of characters to be spoken.  Any ideas?

Jeff Keyzer
UCSD EE Major
jkeyzer@ucsd.edu
http://sehplib.ucsd.edu/~jkeyzer/