 Robotics / Handy Board / 2395
    voice synthesis —Jeff Keyzer
    Has anyone been able to set up a voice synthesis circuit with their Handy Board? I remember that quite a few years ago, Radio Shack carried a pair of voice synthesis chips that appeared easy to connect to an 8 bit data bus or serial line, but my (...) (27 years ago, 1-Jul-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: voice synthesis —rabbit
   (...) I think your radio shack lied to you. In just about every radio shack I have been in I have seen voice sythesis chips along with the othe IC's. Maybe they are not exactly the ones you saw in 1988 but they exsist. Ask to see a catalog next time (...) (27 years ago, 1-Jul-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: voice synthesis —Chuck McManis
   (...) Actually Radio Shack didn't lie, the chips Jeff are referring to are the SP0256 Allophone synthesizer from General Instrument and the CTS244 text to speech processor, also from GI. The CTS244 was actually a mask programmed PIC chip but it (...) (27 years ago, 1-Jul-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)