 Robotics / Handy Board / 2018
Re: To HB or not to HB, that is the question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:57:03 GMT

To me, the fact that you can buy a HandyBoard prebuilt sounds good. But
the idea of Interactive-C sounds bad to me, since it's pcode, and
probably fairly slow (is it?  Has anyone tried to do complicated things
that IC can't keep up with?)  Is there any other 68hc11 C compilers out
there for a reasonable price?  I haven't seen any yet.

For a decent and inexpensive 68HC11 ansi-C compiler you should look into
ICC11 from imagecraft.  I think they have a dos version for around $50 and
a windows version for around $100.
I used it in a project with the motorola 68HC11
evb and I was very satisfied.  The windows version is also very user
friendly compared to the clunky windows version of Interactive C.
http://www.imagecraft.com/

I'm using interactive C right now and the biggest complaint I have is
that the motor routines don't have near enough speed resolution.  I also
wish it had the switch-case statement.  The best thing about it is that
you can multitask several routines.  In order to do this with ICC11 you
would have to develop your own thread switcher.

Raj