 Robotics / Handy Board / 2017
Re: To HB or not to HB, that is the question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 17:56:26 GMT

Another followup, there is no "right" answer either.

There is no perfect processor, the reality is, no one has the best
experience to build the perfect processor.

Don't not build something because there isn't a right answer.  Build
something, add to the collective knowledge. Maybe someday someone
will have a perfect processor(s).

When I started building mobile robots 15 years ago, we were really
lucky to have anything that was close to the HB.  My first untethered
robot was based on a Xerox820 main board (Z80, 64Kram, floppy
controller, etc).  I was carrying around 8 6V sealed lead acid
batteries.  I had to build my own H-bridges, a/d convertors, and other
expansion.  I spent more time building the basic computer stuff than
building robot.  I did enjoy it, and am smarter because of it.  I
guess that helps me appreciate the work that has gone into the HC11,
and the HB combination.