 Robotics / Handy Board / 2011
    To HB or not to HB, that is the question. —Fred Cass
   I've been looking into the HandyBoard, and it looks great. I'm wondering if I could get some opinions here. A friend of mine and I are going to build a robot, and we are trying to decide if we should go with the HB, or make something else. I know (...) (27 years ago, 23-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: To HB or not to HB, that is the question. —Tom Brusehaver
     (...) F> I've been looking into the HandyBoard, and it looks great. I'm F> wondering if I could get some opinions here. A friend of mine and F> I are going to build a robot, and we are trying to decide if we F> should go with the HB, or make (...) (27 years ago, 23-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: To HB or not to HB, that is the question. —Chuck McManis
     (...) I believe the answer is 'yes'. Which may sound silly but may turn out to be the answer you settle on. Tom's comments about the power of 8 bit computers is spot on. They eventually lose their ability to 'keep up' as it were, however they are so (...) (27 years ago, 23-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: To HB or not to HB, that is the question. —William Young
     I say use both. The HB is great at sensing and driving, but for heavy-duty processing, use another processor. Don't limit yourself to 8051 derivatives either. (...) (27 years ago, 23-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: To HB or not to HB, that is the question. —Tom Brusehaver
     Another followup, there is no "right" answer either. There is no perfect processor, the reality is, no one has the best experience to build the perfect processor. Don't not build something because there isn't a right answer. Build something, add to (...) (27 years ago, 23-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: To HB or not to HB, that is the question. —Rajesh Gottlieb
   (...) For a decent and inexpensive 68HC11 ansi-C compiler you should look into ICC11 from imagecraft. I think they have a dos version for around $50 and a windows version for around $100. I used it in a project with the motorola 68HC11 evb and I was (...) (27 years ago, 23-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)