 Robotics / Handy Board / 1935
Re: your mail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 12:18:31 GMT

I once saw something like this, but it was very complicated to build.
There were TWO separate arrangements of your wheel descriptions, and they
were hinged from a set of "hips". I believe this is because,  as wheel 1
is pivotting over the front edge of the step(lower right diagram), there
is no balance. I guess the ratio of tread depth/height to wheel base
would make a big difference too. The only other thing that was neat about
that bot was it could do stairs that took turns.....good luck!

"You pass this way but once, do it right"