 Robotics / Handy Board / 1878
Re: Can the handyboard be taught to talk?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 07:07:56 GMT

Phil wrote:
[he wants to use the old GI SP0256 allophone synthesizer]

Actually the SP0256 and the companion Text to Speech chip
supported a 'serial' mode that was much easier to use (you
could use the same software uart I just posted.) Don't get
your hopes up however, the speech is crude to say the least.

I used a board from RFJ engineering in one of my first truely
mobile computers and half the time no one could understand
what it was saying (after you listen for a while you can adapt
to the accent but its darn difficult to pick up the first time)

--Chuck

--
--Chuck McManis       http://www.professionals.com/~cmcmanis/index.html
All opinions in this message are those of the author. No warranty as to