 Robotics / Handy Board / 1523
  More Motor Speeds

I want to increase the resolution of the motor driver routines provided by Interactive C, so that there are more than 7 speeds. Using the method of generating PWM signals in the Mobile Robots Book, this seems easy. However looking at the primitive (...) (28 years ago, 23-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: More Motor Speeds

it's harder than you might expect, b/c the PWM routine is 'hard-wired" into the pcode file. basically, you have to make the changes in pcode.asm, and reassemble the pcode_hb.s19 file. -fred In your message you said: (...) (28 years ago, 23-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: More Motor Speeds

(...) ???? 7 speeds??? We use the IC that comes with the Gleason Associates Handyboard where motor(0,100) runs motor 0 full speed ahead motor(1,-33) runs motor 1 backwards at 1/3 speed where speeds vary from 1 to 100 in either direction. Can't you (...) (28 years ago, 23-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: More Motor Speeds

(...) You will have to rewrite the code in the interrupt functions. It isn't "hard" but it does require that you understand what IC is using the various timers for. The best documentation for that is the PCode itself. I don't believe you can use the (...) (28 years ago, 23-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: More Motor Speeds

(...) Either I'm confused or we're talking two different animals. Our pcode_hb.s19 that came with the Gleason Handyboard, allows variable motor speeds from motor(0,-100) to motor(0,100) with great and fine control. In our first test we converted (...) (28 years ago, 23-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: More Motor Speeds

Where is this file: pcode.asm. I can't seem to find it. ---...--- ericson mar Master of Engineering Candidate Project: Mobile Robotics mar@cooper.edu Department of Mechanical Engineering The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art (...) (28 years ago, 1-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: More Motor Speeds

go to the software resources page, and then follow the link named "Interactive C for the Handy Board source code and information". -Fred -- This message was composed using Articulate Systems' PowerSecretary, a Macintosh-based speech-to-text (...) (28 years ago, 2-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)