 Robotics / Handy Board / 1526
Re: More Motor Speeds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 21:54:23 GMT

Eric Kille wrote:

I want to increase the resolution of the motor driver routines provided by
Interactive C, so that there are more than 7 speeds.  Using the method of
generating PWM signals in the Mobile Robots Book, this seems easy. However
looking at the primitive motor routines used by IC, I think a different
scheme is used. How easy would it be double or x4 the number of speeds ?
Has anyone tried this yet ?

Eric Kille (Drexel University)
st92heg5@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu

????  7 speeds???

We use the IC that comes with the Gleason Associates Handyboard where

motor(0,100)    runs motor 0 full speed ahead
motor(1,-33)    runs motor 1 backwards at 1/3 speed

where speeds vary from 1 to 100 in either direction.  Can't you get the
motor code from the net that allows -100 to +100?