 Robotics / Handy Board / 1525
Re: More Motor Speeds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 21:55:03 GMT

Eric Kille wrote:
I want to increase the resolution of the motor driver routines provided by
Interactive C, so that there are more than 7 speeds.  Using the method of
generating PWM signals in the Mobile Robots Book, this seems easy. However
looking at the primitive motor routines used by IC, I think a different
scheme is used. How easy would it be double or x4 the number of speeds ?
Has anyone tried this yet ?

You will have to rewrite the code in the interrupt functions.

It isn't "hard" but it does require that you understand what IC is using
the various timers for. The best documentation for that is the PCode
itself. I don't believe you can use the same timers as the rug warrior
but Randy might know.

--Chuck

--
--Chuck McManis       http://www.professionals.com/~cmcmanis/index.html
All opinions in this message are those of the author. No warranty as to