 Robotics / Search Results: EVENT_MASK
 Results 401 – 420 of 803.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  threads

Hi, I'm struggling to get threads working (in a simple motor speed matching program), the code just keeps hanging up. I've isolated the problem to when I restart the threads after killing them if a bumper is hit in the bumper_task() function. The (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.875)

  Re: multiplexor and legOS

(...) Most people's legOS kernels will be compiled so msleep uses wait_event. I haven't looked at the code, but my understanding of how wait_event works is that whenever that thread becomes eligible to execute, your even function is called. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.875)

  Re: threads - bug in the firmware?

Hi again I have now totally stripped down my code to a minimum and I am still having problems with the code hanging up. I can see nowhere where there can be a fault. I am a long way from being an expert, but is it possible there is a bug in the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.875)

  Re: threads - bug in the firmware?

Hi Mike, your problem is not because of an error in legOS. But what you do is that you start your subroutines and then you leave main()! Leaving main means that all your allocated memory is freed. The following will do the job: ---...--- cut here (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.875)

  SouthWest Indiana Competition III (Search and Destory)

Competition III Press Release For Immediate Release! Ivy Tech State College and the Evansville chapter 73 of The Society of Manufacturing Engineers announce the Student Robotics Challenge III titled 'Search and Destroy'. This event is a departure (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.events)

event
(score: 0.874)

  BrickHeap Wars!

BricksWest will host the first ever BRICKHEAP WARS event. This is a competition loosely based on Junk Yard Wars. This particular episode will be a LEGO Mindstorms competition. All materials (1) will be provided at the competition. No outside LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics) !!

event
(score: 0.874)

  This week in Robotics:

THIS WEEK IN ROBOTICS: Here is a calendar of events coming up this week - February 2rd - 9th, 2002. Details are on our web site at (URL) you know of an upcoming event of have a robotics club or organization, please drop us a note at (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.874)

  Micromouse Robotic Competition, Could RCX do this?

I recently stumbled across a reference to the Micromouse Robotics competition and thought others in the group might find it interesting. It looks like something that would be [barely] achieveable with a Mindstorms implementation. APEC [Applied Power (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.873)

  (canceled)

event
(score: 0.873)

  Re: multiplexor and legOS

(...) I don't know about this 20ms granularity and how delay() is going to be any better. Here's the code for each function: //! delay execution allowing other tasks to run. /*! \param msec sleep duration in milliseconds \return number of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.873)

  Re: We're Famous!

(...) Just to interject something cool here, you all will be even more famous after BricksWest! By special arrangement with the publisher, I'll have copies of "Building Robots with LEGO Mindstorms" for sale at BricksWest (at 45% off the standard (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickswest)

event
(score: 0.873)

  Re: BrickHeap Wars!

(...) David and I are going to work on developing and fleshing out the BrickHeap Wars format during and after BricksWest. We're really going to learn-by-doing, and see what sorts of things work best (and don't). I imagine that we'll end up putting (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.games)

event
(score: 0.872)

  VP of Lego Direct Q&A Session Transcripts

Brad Justus, Sr. VP of Lego Direct did a question and answer session at Brickswest. I have completed the transcript of this event. You can download the .pdf file from here. (URL) Herrera (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.871)

  Code-only Line-tracking event results

It's time for the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge again. The main event will take place tomorrow, from 1pm to about 4pm. It should be webcast. Check out (URL) and (URL) for details tomorrow morning. This year the Code-Only Line-Tracking event was held the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart)

event
(score: 0.871)

  Re: Report on BrickHeap Wars: Robot Challenge #1

(...) Wow, that must have been a truly exciting event. Just reading the report made me feel I was there. Now, if only I were really there :-) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickswest)

event
(score: 0.870)

  Re: New Book - Core Lego Mindstorms

I assume with the offfical 1.4 release? I have had several problems with the offical release including stability problems, incompatible code (some wierd 1.2 stuff), slow performance, and hanging event threads (they never return from calling the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.870)

  Re: Stair Climber 4x4

We (LEGO Robotics Group of Ann Arbor) recently had our Stair Climbing event here in Ann Arbor. The 3 bots that competed all had very similar designs to the item you link to. We competed on a 5 step stair case that had a total rise and total run of (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.870)

  Re: Two big robot events in April in New England!

The Trinity College Fire-fighting Home Robots Contest is celebrated in the current issue of Dr. Dobbs' Journal (April 2002) in Ed Nisley's Embedded Space column (he's part of the event.) Ed's column was to me the most compelling feature of this (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

event
(score: 0.868)

  Re: RFC: smaller task scheduler

"Stephen M Moraco" <stephen_moraco@agilent.com> wrote in message news:GtKIM4.Gws@lugnet.com... (...) <snip> (...) Sounds good. Now, who would like to provide a second opinion? BTW, as far as intended purpose of the task scheduler... I can see how (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.868)

  Two big robot events in April in New England!

Dear all, Mark your calendars for the premier robot events of spring in New England: SATURDAY, APRIL 6: ROBOTIC PARK AT PEACE DALE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Peace Dale, Rhode Island. Now in its eighth year, this is by far the biggest gathering of (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

event
(score: 0.868)

More:  Next Page >>