 Robotics / 9991
9990  |  9992
Subject:
Expected battery life
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:32:49 GMT

Activate de-lurk and engage.....

I got a RIS recently and am having great fun with it. I am working
with the tank tread robot from the manual trying out the line
following challenge.

What I find is that the bot will move nicely forward and bog down in
turns. One motor will appear to stall. I have looked for any place
the parts may be binding and have found none. I am wondering
if this is just weak batteries. They are down to 7.8V.

How long do you normally get from a fresh set of good quality batteries?

Also, in building a simple two wheel and castor bot as per the instructions,
the robot does not travel in a straight line as the instructions say it
will. Is it possible that I have a bad motor?

-Skye Sweeney
(603) 885 7744

"God has nothing to do with Air Traffic Control. He is still mad we learned to fly."
-Glenn Eaton