 Robotics / 10007
Re: Expected battery life
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:17:11 GMT

What I find is that the bot will move nicely forward and bog down in
turns. One motor will appear to stall. I have looked for any place
the parts may be binding and have found none.

I had a similar experience with my new Mindstorms kit, and discovered (by
using the RCXCC "Direct Control" options) that, about 10% of the time, one
motor failed to respond to start commands (although, if you gave the shaft a
starting twist by hand, the motor then ran quite happily).  I complained to
LEGO, and they immediately sent a free replacement motor.