 Robotics / 9924
    Re: GPS for RCX —Daniel A. Segel
   (...) Without differential GPS the accuracy is low enough (usually no better than +/- ~100 feet, sometimes far worse than that) that it would be almost useless for a robot that wasn't in sight at all times anyway. I wouldn't want an autonomous boat (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: GPS for RCX —Vincent Cate
     (...) It seems they have differential GPS in lots of places now, like near airports and sea-ports. For indoor use you would need differential GPS. But for people who had that, it would make these robots really powerful. And for a guy like me who (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: GPS for RCX —Richard Markham
     In message <Fo5Do0.7py@lugnet.com>, Vincent Cate <vince@cate.com> writes (...) Differential GPS signals are available everywhere in the UK on FM RDS. (ClassicFM i think). (...) Richard Markham (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: GPS for RCX —James Powell
    (...) Ah, but I have thought up a slight fix to this problem. You are not really concered with "where" the robot is, just how it has moved relative to a fixed base position. ("home") This wouldn't work for a robot that you are sending _all_ that (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)