 Robotics / 9373
9372  |  9374
Subject:
Clutch Gear -- Re: Dave's Excellent Book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 18:25:39 GMT

In most constructions using a motor, you'll notice that there is an 8t gear
on the motor shaft meshed with a 24t gear, or even a 24t on the motor shaft
to another 24t gear.

Just replace the 24t (only need to replace one of them) with the 24t clutch
gear.

Now in the event that the gear train should stall, the cluch gear will
slip, which helps to prevent damage to your motor.