 Robotics / 9318
Re: First Lego League Software (fwd)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:02:16 GMT

Jim Choate <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
level environment and not get bogged. Idealy the first thing a new
robot builder should do is spend six months learning electronics and
another six months learning mechanics. Then spend six months learning
programming. I'd also 'payload' or 'modularize' the project. Things

An advatage of Mindstorms is that it requires zero months of learning
electronics, and that the mechanics are something that many people (children
and adults!) are already very familiar with. One can make a bounce-and-twirl
robot within a few hours, and then move on to more interesting things.
That's a lot more fun than 18 months of learning curve!

PS -- I strongly recommend you consider switching to the standard > quoting
style -- it makes your posts a lot easier to follow!