 Robotics / 92
  Automated brick sorter

Automated LEGO brick sorter I have built a Mindstorms version of the 8094 mechanical arm that lifts 2x4 bricks and puts them in bins. Of course with Mindstorms, it can actually see what color the brick is and take it to the appropriate bin. It uses (...) (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Automated brick sorter

(...) <snip> (...) I built a different type of sorter that separated red and blue 2x2 bricks. It is not as elaborate as yours, but it was a nice, quick Mindstorms project. Pictures are at: (URL) reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Automated brick sorter

Dave Baum wrote in message ... (...) Mine looks distinctly over-engineered compared to yours! (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Automated brick sorter

Huw Millington wrote in message ... (...) Pictures now available at: (URL) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Automated brick sorter

(...) (URL)) Huw, I love this first shot. It looks like a Dacta set, or perhaps even something out of Fisher-Technic. And the rest of the shots have great detail. Now all that's left is a modelling of the arm in LDRAW, and perhaps an animation of (...) (26 years ago, 23-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Automated brick sorter

(...) reminded them of official Dacta stuff. Can you post the NQC source for the other tasks? the only task you gave source for was main. Thanks! (26 years ago, 26-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Automated brick sorter

(...) Never mind!!! the other "tasks" are actually macros and are given at the top. Reading too fast, Duh. ++Lar (26 years ago, 26-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Automated brick sorter

Thanks Josh - I rearranged the site shortly after posting it. Glad you liked my efforts. Huw Joshua Delahunty wrote in message <3630DFF7.A7319B21@a...sc.edu>... (...) (26 years ago, 30-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Automated brick sorter

Huw, Very nice job. I saw that you used a clutch gear. On thing I've been experimenting with is replacing a clutch gear with a pair of motors, one working like a generator to drive the other. This only works well if the generator-half is one of the (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)