 Robotics / 9018
Re: Help: Re: review: LEGO '99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 03:08:43 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jean auBois <aubois@trail.com> writes:
At 12:46 AM 12/14/99 +0000, Hao-yang Wang wrote:
On the Technic side, in 1999 we got several nice little sets, among which
8251 is my favorite....

Would you mind translating the set numbers into names?  Thanks.

8251 Sonic Cycle: This set lets you build either of the two little yellow
motorcycles. My only complaint with this set is that the motorcycles are out
of scale with the Technic figures.
<http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8251>

8253 Fire Helicopter: This is one of the three "rescue" Technic sets, which
can be combined with each others to form larger models. (The other two are
8252 Beach Buster and 8255 Rescue Motorbike.) While I do not bother to buy the
other two sets (In particular 8252 looks just like 8226 Mud Masher in another
color), 8253 looks quite interesting from the catalog. Is it released yet?
<http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8253>
<http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8255>
<http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8252>
<http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8226>

8880 is Super Car, and 8448 is its successor.
<http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8880>
<http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8448>

The following link gets you to all the 1999 sets in the Pause database:
<http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?year=1999>

In addition to the Pause database, BrickSet <http://www.brickset.co.uk/> is
another great source of the set information. In particular, BrickSet covers
better on the promotional sets.

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang