 Robotics / 8812
    New Dave Baum Book? —Mark Winters
   I notice Dave Baum has just published a book called "Dave Baum's Definitive Guide to Lego Mindstorms," complete with CDROM. Has anyone read this book? The cover claims the book includes:   -- Numerous projects including 14 sample robots to build   (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New Dave Baum Book? —Nick Taylor
     I just ordered Dave's book last night, so I can't comment about its content ... but if the book arrives with ALL BLANK PAGES I'll still feel that I got the best of the deal ... been using NQC for over a year and it hasn't cost me a cent! If Mark (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: New Dave Baum Book? —Mike Kory
      I agree, I also ordered the book largely as a way to repay Dave. Of course, I expect to enjoy the book too! Thanks Mark and Dave (and Kekoa too), I wouldn't have bought the RCX without this software being available. --Mike Kory Nick Taylor (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: New Dave Baum Book? —Dave Baum
     (...) Thanks for such overwhelming confidence in my writing :) Don't worry, I managed to scribble out some words on most of the pages. (...) I'd rather be paid in Lego. True, I could buy a lot of lego with a huge check, but I like the idea of being (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: New Dave Baum Book? —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Send me your snail. And post what parts you most hanker after. I'll see what I can do, and I invite others to do the same. If all goes well I have a few (1) technic shuttles coming that I will be parting out. 1 - ordered 20 but not all will be (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: New Dave Baum Book? —Dave Baum
     (...) Thanks for the kind offer, but I'm not looking for anything specific at the moment. I think its just the concept of being paid in Lego by Lego that sounds cool! If people want to show their thanks for NQC, I'd rather see them purchase a small (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: New Dave Baum Book? —Terry King
     We can never "Pay Dave Back" for NQC, but we can Pay Forward by taking our Lego and MindStorms stuff into our local school, 4-H club, Scouts, etc, etc and showing kids what Robots and Intelligent Machines are all about, and teaching them NQC. We all (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: New Dave Baum Book? —Luis Villa
     (...) Well said, Terry. I often fear that my half-siblings are being raised in a vastly different environment than I was, but then I see them eagerly build their own designs out of lego, and figure most things will work out. Giving kids the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New Dave Baum Book? —Jack Gregory
   Well, I have Dave's book, and have finished it. If anyone is interested, I could put a comparative review of both books up. Oh. I see you are interested. OK, I will get to work. Give me a day or so. --Jack Gregory Mark Winters (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)