 Robotics / 8821
Re: New Dave Baum Book?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 02:55:50 GMT

Well, I have Dave's book, and have finished it.  If anyone is interested, I
could put a comparative review of both books up.  Oh.  I see you are
interested.  OK, I will get to work.  Give me a day or so.

--Jack Gregory

Mark Winters <markwintersnospamthanks@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
I notice Dave Baum has just published a book called "Dave Baum's
Definitive Guide to Lego Mindstorms," complete with CDROM.

Has anyone read this book?

The cover claims the book includes:
-- Numerous projects including 14 sample robots to build
-- Important construction techniques and step-by-step instructions
for building robots
-- Teaches readers how to program in LEGO'S RCX and the author's own
language, NQC

I'd specifically be interested in any comparisons between Dave's book
and Knudsen's Unofficial Guide to LEGO Mindstorms Robots," but would
welcome any opinions.

Thanks,
Mark Winters