 Robotics / 8586
  Transmitting Pictures

Does anybody know if you can send pictures over the IR link from a webcam or something like it? The other messages in the Wireless Robots thread hinted at this, so I was wondering if it could be done. Andy (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Transmitting Pictures

(...) Of course you can! If there's a will, there's a way! :-) Seriously, it is possible to send any kind of data via the IR link, but it will be VERY slow! Not at all useful for anything even remotely close to real-time... There is another problem (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Transmitting Pictures

(...) will (...) Use the XCam Kit ? (www.x10.com) The wireless (2.4GHz) receiver attached to your *video*-card's *video-in*. I think the wireless transmitter is mains based, but, one could get a way to work out of batteries. I'm waiting for an (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Transmitting Pictures

I am in the final stages of integrating the X10 video cam with a mindstorms robot that runs about the house. I have adapted the X10 camera to run off of a large Lego battery box instead of a having the cam plugged in. The X10 camera sends video to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Transmitting Pictures

Rich, could you tell us what's involved in running the camera off batteries and how long do the batteries last? Which camera are you using? This one ($88): (URL) this one ($130): (URL) Thompson <richone@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Transmitting Pictures

I have one of both ;) I am currently using the $88 camera since I don't need my camera to have sound, yet. I use the 6 AA battery Lego power pack with the tip from the wall wart cut off and attached to a standard Lego power wire. The battery pack (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Transmitting Pictures

(...) 8 hours with the 9v Lego battery pack connected to *both* the X10 Video Sender and the XCam, right ? ...or only to the XCam ? I'm still waiting for the European version of XCam :( PS: WOW for the LEGO Direct :) ! ___...___ Marco C. aka McViper (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Transmitting Pictures

Both the video sender and the small cam. Rich Thomson (URL) Message----- From: Marco C. [mailto:marco@soporcel.pt] Sent: Saturday, December 11, 1999 11:28 AM To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com Subject: RE: Transmitting Pictures (...) 8 hours with the 9v (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)