 Robotics / 8606
RE: Transmitting Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:05:16 GMT

I have one of both ;) I am currently using the $88 camera since I don't need
my camera to have sound, yet. I use the 6 AA battery Lego power pack with
the tip from the wall wart cut off and attached to a standard Lego power
wire. The battery pack lasts about 8 hours continuous usage. The wall wart
was rated at 12v and the Lego battery pack is 9v, but I haven't seen any
power problems so far. The equipment list is:

X10 Video Sender
X10 video Receiver
X10 Wireless Color Micro Video Camera
Studio DC10 Video Capture Board (connected via RCA plug to the Video
Receiver)
Webcam32 Software (http://www.surveyorcorp.com, I think)

Rich Thompson
http://www.marsrobot.com

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Mike Kory
Sent: Monday, November 29, 1999 8:43 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Transmitting Pictures

Rich,
could you tell us what's involved in running the camera off batteries and
how long do the batteries last?

Which camera are you using? This one ($88):
http://www.x10.com/xcamoverstock11.htm

or this one ($130):
http://www.x10.com/xcamanywhere11.htm

Thanks.
Mike

Rich Thompson <richone@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message
I am in the final stages of integrating the X10 video cam with a • mindstorms
robot that runs about the house. I have adapted the X10 camera to run off • of
a large Lego battery box instead of a having the cam plugged in. The X10
camera sends video to the X10 receiver in real time and can be routed
through your computer (with appropriate video capture hardware/software). • I
will have more details on my website this week (time willing). Trying to • run
video through the mindstorms IR link would be the hardest way to send • video
IMHO.

Rich Thompson
http://www.marsrobot.com