 Robotics / 8518
Re: Radio shack basic electronics book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:08:05 GMT

But we are talking about a book. As far as I can tell, it does not run off 110V. :-) If they cannot sell computers or stuff like that, then why can't they open stores in Europe that sell books and parts. Actually I think that would be better, since my Radio Shack only has about 3 shelves of parts, 95% of them switches and circuit boards. I also
think that Radio Shack is going down the drain, and I wish there was another store that I could go to besides Radio Shack for parts.

Andy

P.S. BTW I am working on a lego scanner so I can scan the sensor projects book for Bert van Dam. If anyone else wants, I can e-mail them the pics to them too, or I can put them on a web page. Contact me if you are interested.

One (big?) reason might be that (all of) their consumer electronic products are capable to handle only 110V. Both Mac Donalds and Radio Shack are similiar in that sence that their products are (or suppose to be) the same everywhere selled. It's much easier to get the ingredients for burgers locally than sell the 110V products with transformers.
<snip>