 Robotics / 8389
Scout SDK: chk, chkl, only accept forward offsets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 19:01:16 GMT

It seems consistent with the intention that chk and chkl provide an
'if..endif' structure, and provides more range in the vast majority of cases
where a forward jump would be used.

I don't know if this limit is in the compiler or in the actual byte code,
but I'm sure we'll find out when the byte code encoding is released (hint,
hint, give AFOL an inch, etc.)

And isn't the "branch if false" behavior of chk an interesting choice?
Having a long history of working with other assemblers, I like it.

example snippet:

#include "ScoutDef.h"
task 0
a:
b: chk SRC_CON, TVAL_PRESSED, EQ, SRC_SENVAL, SEN_TOUCH2, a // compile error
c: chk SRC_CON, TVAL_PRESSED, EQ, SRC_SENVAL, SEN_TOUCH2, c // compile error
d: chk SRC_CON, TVAL_PRESSED, EQ, SRC_SENVAL, SEN_TOUCH2, e // ok
e:
endt