 Robotics / 8231
  RE: Line Followers

(...) One way around it is a specially graded line. It's black on one side and light on the other, sort of a dark grey in the middle. Try to keep the sensor in the dark grey area. (...) Yes. Now that I have solved the maze problem on paper with the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Line Followers

(...) At some point, my letter had a point about "cheating" by shading the line or edges of the line, which I guess I took out. I've built a large "sumo pit" built on this principle (the floor is shaded with flat black and glossy white spray paint) (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line Followers

(...) You don't really need to shade the line. Start with something like a 3/4" wide black line over a white background. If the light sensor is over the edge between the line and the background it should read a value midway between "black" and (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line Followers

(...) You beat me to the punch, Dave. I was just about to say that, with the light sensor correctly positioned, if it is just on the "edge" of a thick black line on a white background, it sees gray (some black and some white). Given the width of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)