 Robotics / 8030
Re: building a maze
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 07:17:24 GMT

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

I am building a maze-walker and it is quite large... Does anyone have any
constructive ideas on how to build the maze itself, so that it is light but
sturdy?

My university competes in a maze robot competition, and the maze
construction they use seems pretty decent.  Start with a flat piece of
wood of whatever size you need, with holes drilled on a grid.  The holes
should snugly accept dowels, each dowel the height of the walls.
Rectangular wall sections, all the same size, have grooves on the edges
so that they slide down between a pair of dowels.  I don't recall exactly
if the dowels are round or + shaped, but this is the basic idea.

Hope that helps!

- Ben.

Ben Williamson       benw@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~benw/