 Robotics / 7979
RE: New info and SDK for the Scout!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 21:25:33 GMT

For your convenience, here is the url of the page with the new information that
Robert Eddings described:

  http://www.legomindstorms.com/products/rds/hackers.asp

Now THIS is cool! I think I might have a second look at the Scout now. And
with the promise of a decent SDK, I might not have to hack it too badly.

From what I can see, the pre-release is only going to give Win9x support.

Maybe now is the time to get Mac serial drivers written so Tcl can be
used as the GUI prototype script language. The advantage being that
one well-written script can be used under Win9x, Linux and MAC with
no changes!

I'll bet an umbilical FORTH would really make this a versatile product too :-)

Now, I have to wonder if the Cybermaster has very similar capabilities
to the Scout. Since it Runs NQC just fine and allows "user programs"
to be downloaded, I have to believe that there's more under the hood....

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>