 Robotics / 7983
Re: New info and SDK for the Scout!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 21:41:35 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Robert Munafo writes:
For your convenience, here is the url of the page with the new information • that
Robert Eddings described:

http://www.legomindstorms.com/products/rds/hackers.asp

I haven't tried this yet (I only just today bought my first Scout) but it
appears they are saying that the Code Pilot codes that the Scout sends [1] are
intended mainly for controlling the Micro Scout [2], thereby getting a third
motor on the Scout. Thus: RCX + Scout + Micro Scout gives you 6 motor outputs!

I did, and it works great! My brother Giulio and I connected the Scout to the
Micro Scout with a fiber optic, and the Micro Scout (in P mode) behaves like a
third motor slave to the Scout. The remote controller works too: the C motor
keys make the Micro Scout go properly forward or reverse.

Mario
http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari