 Robotics / 7961
    New info and SDK for the Scout! —Robert Eddings
   For those that don't know it yet, (URL) has a new section titled "Secrets of the Scout Revealed" at the main page. Once in this section, clicking on "Secrets" gives great new information on the Scout and some surprises! *** from (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New info and SDK for the Scout! —Robert Munafo
     For your convenience, here is the url of the page with the new information that Robert Eddings described: (URL) haven't tried this yet (I only just today bought my first Scout) but it appears they are saying that the Code Pilot codes that the Scout (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: New info and SDK for the Scout! —Mike Kory
      It looks like Lego has been listening to us "kids" over 30. Here's a quote from their info on the Scout (emphasis mine): And like every other set from LEGO MindStorms, kids and *adults* can use the pieces anyway they want to create their own unique (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         RE: New info and SDK for the Scout! —Ralph Hempel
      (...) with the promise of a decent SDK, I might not have to hack it too badly. From what I can see, the pre-release is only going to give Win9x support. Maybe now is the time to get Mac serial drivers written so Tcl can be used as the GUI prototype (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: New info and SDK for the Scout! —Mario Ferrari
     (...) that (...) I did, and it works great! My brother Giulio and I connected the Scout to the Micro Scout with a fiber optic, and the Micro Scout (in P mode) behaves like a third motor slave to the Scout. The remote controller works too: the C (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New info and SDK for the Scout! —Mike Kory
   Although the Scout is supposed to offer more feaures than the RCX, it seems to me that the RCX is still a better deal. Scout memory available for programs: 400 bytes RCX: 6100 bytes. Scout variables: 8 locals for each of 6 possible tasks and 10 (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)