 Robotics / 7899
  Re: Palm Pilot to RCX remote controller

(...) I am working on a program for the Palm OS that will provide remote control of the RCX and the Scout. As to not duplicate the efforts of others, my program will use the internal IR port of the PalmIII series and above. The focus of this program (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Palm Pilot to RCX remote controller

Hi Robert, If I had known you were working on this too, I probably wouldn't have started my program: (URL) have an older Palm without the IR but I had heard bad things about the range of the IR for practical remote control. Do you have the IR (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Palm Pilot to RCX remote controller

Hi Mike, I have found that the range on the PalmIIIx to the RCX is quite useable. In medium to low light levels the RCX will respond consistently up to 20 feet away. When I started working on the Palm Remote program I had no idea you were doing the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)