 Robotics / 767
  Re: Worm Drive Question

Just to toss in my three cents (inflation adjusted to 1998 rates ;-) It seems there are two more options that might be a little easier: 1) My kids have gotten a couple of Lego sets that contain a long square shaft that has teeth on it. It mates to a (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Worm Drive Question

(...) This is an excellent solution for travel up to 7 inches or so, with a couple of minor drawbacks. 1) This part doesn't seem to be in production any more. I got a few copies, courtesy of Bill Katz, but had to trade away one joint of my little (...) (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Elevator alternatives

John has an excellent point. Cables make excellent linear-drive systems in Lego projects. I was trying to build a large elevator a while back, and after trying various solutions, I hit upon the following: Use the chain linkbelt as a cable. Insert (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Elevator alternatives

(...) Wow, Sounds cool, I can visualise what you are talking about. Pictures? Tim -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Elevator alternatives

(...) it got lost somewhere... I slapped together a little web page to serve as an index for my pictures. I don't know if I still have the Control Lab code, but it was in Logo, and is pretty trivial, anyway. (URL) for the page and image quality, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)