 Robotics / 76
Re: removable rcx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 00:17:05 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
Matthew Miller writes:
Next time I build a robot, I'm going to make it so the RCX and sensors • are
easily removed, so I can leave the basic design together and yet move the
brain to another creation.

Mmm, good idea...  BTW, I wish the batteries were easier to replace...it's
too bad they didn't learn that lesson from the 9V monorail boxes.  Or maybe
if the AC adaptor could recharge batteries inside the unit...

I built my last bot so that the Robot frame went around the RCX, but did not
connect to the bottom.
That way I can pull the bottom off and replace the batteries without
dismantelling the bot..

I also tried a bot that only required the RCX to sit on it - only connected
by a few studs.
Worked fairly well, but I could have cut back on the weight of the bot if I
had used the RCX for
support.

--
Don Forth ( Klaatu )