 Robotics / 7588
    Re: Pneumatics and the RCX -how? —John Barnes
   I have been searching for the answer to this one for a while. My intent is to find a supplier who has small electrically operated (solenoid) valves which can be driven by the RCX output(s). I have found one so far, but the valves are very pricy. But (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Pneumatics and the RCX -how? —Doug Carlson
   I'd love to get a hold of some small RCX controllable valves also. I just finnished building a six legged pneumatic walker that would benefit from these for different walking motions. Presently, it just walks forward with the tripod gate type (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Pneumatics and the RCX -how? —Ian Sinclair
     (...) Excellent spider model Doug. <ICS> (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Pneumatics and the RCX -how? —Ralph Hempel
     (...) if the number of mini-cylinders could be reduced by 10 by only using 1 on each leg (use 1/2 beams for bracing outside the cylinder) and maybe using single cylinders and links for moving the legs? The basic design has a wonderful symmetry that (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Pneumatics and the RCX -how? —Chris Phillips
     (...) Very nice construction!!! Could you post some pictures of your hand-held controller too? (Whatever is on the off-screen end of the tether seen in the video clip.) Is that just a battery box, or is there more to it? (...) I had some thoughts (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Pneumatics and the RCX -how? —Doug Carlson
     There are other models of pneumatic LEGO hexapods on the web already that use linkage for the foward/reverse motion as well as a single large cylinder for each legs vertical motion. (2 URLs) a couple nice examples which inspired me to build this (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Pneumatics and the RCX -how? —Doug Carlson
   (...) Thanks! The only things off screen are the battery box and compressor. If you look at the picture of the underside you can see the two switches and cylinders that control the stepping motion. (URL) is the LEGO compressor I use with it most of (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)