 Robotics / 7581
RE: Wot no RCX power connector?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:32:14 GMT

In message <BFBCB00A4D7BD211A9BB0000D11BAFAE26A7E3@mbsp05.sp.TRW.COM>
          lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Jim Thomas) wrote:

It looks like they have changed the boards fairly significantly.  Many parts
substitutions -- notable the capacitor farm looks like it has been replaced
by a battery backup capacitor.  The overall parts count seems to be reduced
in more places than just the power connector.

Ah, that explains those people talking about easily wiping the memory by
pulling the AC adapter out - the old RCX lost everything immediately, right?

The new one claims to (and seems to, but I haven't timed it) retain its
memory for up to a minute while you change batteries.

--
Kevin Bracey, Senior Software Engineer
Pace Micro Technology plc                     Tel: +44 (0) 1223 518566