 Robotics / 7580
RE: Wot no RCX power connector?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 08:20:29 GMT

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Jeffrey Hazen wrote:

My stumbling block last night was finding the right tube....does anyone
remember the "dummy" cells that you used with the old NiCads.  One of those
would be perfect.  Anyhow, the LS7809 fits easily within the width of a AA
cell, add the adaptor of choice, and drill a 0.187 hole thru one of the
studs on the bottom of the battery case (has anyone else noticed how well a
drilled hollow stud fits a 1 3/4 LED?) in the right location, and you're
done.  If I had the right part for the tube, I'd have one done.

You could get a battery adaptor, that is, a device for putting AAA
batteries where AA batteries should go. They're available easily here in
the UK - Maplins for example.

The only irritation I see is that you'll need 6 of them; 5 of which will
be effectively doing nothing expect shorting their contacts (in order to
complete the circuit!) Still, it beats having to keep a large stock of
charged AA batteries around ;-)

Stuart