 Robotics / 7322
Re: Does anyone have the 8479 bar code truck?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 15:18:26 GMT

In lugnet.reviews, Hao-yang Wang writes:
In lugnet.reviews, Dennis Clark writes:
Other useful abilities?

You get a decent mix of parts, mostly black and green. You get two "clutch
gears" and several flex cables. (However, as a part source it is not a good
deal, because you have to pay for that fancy battery box.)

I just noticed the flex cables in the picture of this set in the latest Shop at
Home catalog.  They look like bicycle brake cables.  That could be really
useful for transferring motor power to other parts of a model or robot.  And
probably more compact and reliable than using pneumatics!

Any comments about these cables from somebody who has this set?  Are they any
good?  How do you actuate the cable?

Are these cables available in any other sets?