 Robotics / 696
Re: Pnumatic Vavles for Mindstorm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 15:23:17 GMT

Nancy Evelyn Gold wrote in message <3657B4F8.F2C6E925@sgi.com>...
Check out http://www.numatech.com/s-valve.pdf

Look like a three-way in-line vavle could make a good replacement
for the manual LEGO vavle. 5ms response time.

Be careful. Correct me if I am wrong, but the LEGO valve has a neutral
position while these three way valves fully pressurize one port or the
other. This is only an issue if you design your mechanisms such that the
full piston stroke cannot be used.

Also, at 5V, a 1.5W coil will draw about .3A, and the .65W coil will draw
.125A. Scale these values for 9V appropriately (x9/5)

These look exciting though! Let us know about prices and if we can fab them
into brick assemblies....

Keep up the great detective work.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng