 Robotics / 695
Re: Pnumatic Vavles for Mindstorm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:22:20 GMT

Nancy Evelyn Gold wrote:

Check out http://www.numatech.com/s-valve.pdf

Look like a three-way in-line vavle could make a good replacement
for the manual LEGO vavle. 5ms response time.

Thoughts?

I'm willing to but a couple of samples and attempt to build a workable
piece. If it works I'd also be willing to buy a quanity and fab a bunch.

Well I must admit that this and the shape memory wire idea are the first
two things I've heard suggested that might tempt me away from my
official-LEGO-only attitude. The standard LEGO pneumatic valves are no
fun at all (who'dathunk they'd make pneumatics that can't do pneumatic
sequncers?).

How far do you imagine going on the LEGO packaging front?

stephen