 Robotics / 697
Re: MAP Bot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 16:02:23 GMT

This is exactly what I wanted to attempt, I wonder how small those units are
now, would it be possible to modify a brick to hold the parts?

-Paul-

-----Original Message-----
From: John Donaldson <jdonaldson@ghg.net>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Saturday, November 21, 1998 8:35 am
Subject: MAP Bot

I have a idea which is based on a project I worked on back in the
70's. It used one of the sonar devices that Poliord used to foucse their
camera with. This device is availible without the camera. It sends a
signal based on how far the object is.
My idea is

1. 2 motors to run bot foward/back/right/left.
2. 1 motor to rotate sonar right to left.

A. The bot would move forward a few feet.
B. Stop then scan right to left with sonar.
C. if opening found set bit in memory map
D. if sonar detects dead end. turn bot 180 degs
E. move back to first opening.
F. if more than one opening, deceided which one to enter
G. Turn bot to enter opening.
H. goto A.

With enough battery power, it could roam the house or office.

John A. Donaldson