 Robotics / 6948
Re: IRPD revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 21:38:56 GMT

Pete Sevcik <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
range adjustment from three inches to a foot.  Optical biasing can
increase the range up to three feet.  Pictures and schematic
on http://www.flash.net/~sevcik/IRprox.htm   Let me know what you

Very nice!

Although I think your statement about robots breaking apart when they hit a
wall is a bit over-dramatic. Lego creations stick together pretty well --
I've built a large number of robots with mechanical bump sensors.

That's not to say a proximity sensor isn't more cool, just that (as most
people here probably already know!) it's not as vital as you imply.