 Robotics / 6949
Re: color sensor: was ( Light sensor values)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 23:20:13 GMT

Stephen P. Gibbons <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
Pure-Lego (but more than one input/output unless a motor can be driven off • of the
output to a light sensor and the input from a light sensor and rotation • sensor can
be multiplexed):
1) 1 light sensor
2) 1 (micro)motor to drive the rotation of the filtering lenses
3) 1 rotation sensor/fibre-optic to detect which lense is in place at a
given

I can think of two sets of filters that would probably be useful:
RGB: (one red, one green, one blue, at 120o each.)

You have a good idea, but the LEGO light sensor is a silicon photo
transistor which is mostly sensitive to infra red.   I doubt you could
measure any thing like blue light with it.