 Robotics / 6947
6946  |  6948
Subject:
IRPD revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 20:30:21 GMT

Hi All,

  Dennis Clark gave us a great design for a two channel infra-red
proximity detector.  It works well in a large number robot
  designs.  I have just completed an IRPD with a slightly different
design point.  It is a single channel detector, housed in a
  standard 2x4 bump brick.  This allows more flexability is positioning,
and a simpler programming interface.  The cost is a
  second sensor port, compared to Dennis' design.  A three position
range switch, combined with analog sensor value, allow
  range adjustment from three inches to a foot.  Optical biasing can
increase the range up to three feet.  Pictures and schematic
  on http://www.flash.net/~sevcik/IRprox.htm   Let me know what you
think.

--
Pete Sevcik     sevcik@flash.net