 Robotics / 6852
6851  |  6853
Subject:
Unique Gear Part - what is it 2.5 /5.0 in Motor Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 05:16:15 GMT

What is the gear marked 2.5 /5.0 that comes with the Motor kit ?
The gear looks lie a 24 tooth, but is white and a bit thicker, and has a
grey hub inside that turns.

As far as I can tell, the point is if the gear jams/binds or the object trys
pushing a wall, the inner hub will still turn, thus reducing the chance of
burning out a motor.

Is there more to it that this ?