 Robotics / 6851
6850  |  6852
Subject:
RCX 1.5 kit still ships RCX 1.0 - no hardware changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 05:11:18 GMT

Recently I asked LEGO Mindstorms Technical Support if I there was an upgrade
kit from 1.0 to 1.5, and they said there was ($25, available Oct 15/99)

However, I was still uncertain if there were any physical or hardware
changes in the RCX itself.
Below is their reply :

-----------
Hello,

The rcx is still 1.0 in the kit... the software for 1.5 is upgraded.
If the firmware has been upgraded it'd be on the software which is
included in the upgrade kit.

Thank you,

LEGO Mindstorms Technical Support

So RCX 1.5 consists of a new software and most likely flash/firmware, a new
Constructopedia and some Lego parts for $25

I am going to get the upgrade as soon as possible, not because I am a purist
(far from it), but I still think that the Lego programming interface is best
for kids 7 - 11 (i.e. mine).   When we get it, I'll report the parts list.

If there is a better interface / language for that age group PLEASE point me
in the right direction.

Matt