 Robotics / 6841
  RE: New Lego challenge !

This is a REALLY good idea. Here's something I had kicking around in my head... 1. Making a maze that we can all use is kinda hard. 2. Making a bot small enough to fit a standard buildable maze is really hard. I propose we invert the problem a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Lego challenge !

Ralph Hempel wrote in message <000001befe2a$c62ef4...pro150>... (...) <snip> Excellent Idea! That way, the light sensor could 'hover' over the maze, and be moved in an X and Y direction to 'traverse' it. I may attempt this, as I have very limited (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Lego challenge !

Ralph Hempel wrote : (...) This is a great idea, and this could be usefull for at least two reasons: -If you don't have room to create a real maze -We don't have an easy way to make a real bot move in either precise x or y direction (because of (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Lego challenge !

(...) Actually, a synchro-bot is pretty good at this. In case you missed previous threads, this 'bot is one that the direction of all of its wheels are synchronized. The robot can drive in any direction but its orientation never changes. With a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Lego challenge !

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Paul Speed wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Depending on how you define "stock Mindstorms parts", you _can_ make a synchro-bot. You can use a differential instead of the turntable, hence you need one RIS for each wheel! This (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)