 Robotics / 6629
  On the Subject of Treads

I note with interest, the discussion relating to using treads for building a climber. I have a preliminary question before going further with a technically challenging problem like this. Has any one used treads to make a simple crawler that really (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: On the Subject of Treads

(...) I have never tried this, but maybe you could build a frame around the tank tread so that the tread doesn't work itself off the wheel. You could run two technic beams along the side of the tread so that it doesn't shift from side to side. It's (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: On the Subject of Treads

Hi John - - I've been using a tracked LEGO 'bot since November as a sensor test-bed without any difficulty (and with out rebuilding the track system) on an almost daily basis. See the Mindstorms Constructopedia pg. 39 for a basic idea. The axles DO (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: On the Subject of Treads

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (John Barnes) writes: [snip] (...) I have indeed seen this before, on at least three different LEGO Technic (including one RIS) kits. Its a flaw in the treads, not anything that you are doing wrong. I (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)