 Robotics / 6631
Re: On the Subject of Treads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:22:08 GMT

Hi John - -
I've been using a tracked LEGO 'bot since November as a sensor
test-bed without any difficulty (and with out rebuilding the track
system) on an almost daily basis.  See the Mindstorms Constructopedia
pg. 39 for a basic idea.  The axles DO need a two point support to
prevent wobble that might result in track creep.

Have fun,
- Nick -

John Barnes wrote:
[snip]
Has any one used treads to make a simple crawler that really
works properly?
JB