 Robotics / 653
    RE: gear differential —Tim McSweeney
   Yeah I had thought of that but the problem is you need one motor to do the driving and one motor to do the switching, The way the gearbox is presented in the model only This only gets you two outputs,, so you haven't gained anything, in fact you've (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: gear differential —Medical Informatics Consulting
   (...) check out (URL) for a nice device for controlling a tracked vehicle. I've modified it slightly to flatten it a layer and use a micromotor for the steering and a one of the motors from the Mindstorms set (a mini motor) for the power. Two mini (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: gear differential —Alex Wetmore
   (...) this is a fantastic device. i played with it today and build a new robot platform using it. i also flattened it by one layer, and i also make it one element wider (to make its width an even number, which makes it easier to work with). the main (...) (26 years ago, 20-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: gear differential —Medical Informatics Consulting
   On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, alex wetmore wrote: <snip> (...) Yes, there is some loss with all of those gears, but I think that it is a small price to pay for not having to worry about the vehicle veering off course because of a mismatch in motor speed due (...) (26 years ago, 20-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)