 Robotics / 6474
  RE: r/c servos and firmware

(...) There are multiturn servos for winches in RC sailboats, but they are REALLY expensive. (...) Well don't give up too fast. They ARE useful for steering, or lifting, or grabbing because we can set the limits of motion. This makes things like (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: r/c servos and firmware

(...) That's not the type of stepper motor I'm talking about. I've seen the type you're describing, and they have the advantage that you can drive them with really slow pulses if you want. They're essentially just 3-phase AC motors. The kind of (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  all-LEGO stepper motor (was Re: r/c servos and firmware

(...) It looks like I might not be able to do this today. My web hosting service (hostsave.com) stopped providing my web pages sometime in the last 24 hours and I'm not sure how long it will take to get them to fix it. Also, a correction: I meant to (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  All-LEGO stepper motor

I have added a web page showing how to build a stepper motor entirely out of LEGO components: (URL) code and a description of how it works are included. By the way, yes, my web site was not responding for a while. My provider has fixed it and I hope (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: All-LEGO stepper motor

(...) Robert, I love it! A great contribution, another of your great contributions. Mario (URL) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: All-LEGO stepper motor

Greetings... I have been a lurker for a few weeks now, but I feel compelled to drop a note in here. I am amazed at the complexities that some of you are able to build into your constructions. Case in point is this Lego stepper motor. Robert, this is (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: All-LEGO stepper motor

Duh. I messed up my own web page: (URL)-Andy Lynch (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: All-LEGO stepper motor

(...) Thanks! I'm looking forward to hearing about yours when you've got it built, what you changed and how it works. One of the best things about this (doing LEGO work on the Internet) is seeing different people do the same thing in different ways! (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)