 Robotics / 6463
Re: Droid Dev. Kit, reprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 20:24:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ray Sanders writes:
[...]Which means that TRU may have an interesting situation about to
happen: How to handle existing stock when a product gets reved. Not
something they deal with every day. Mark it down ? Send it back to
TLG ? Sell it off to someone like Toy Liquidators ? I don't know, but
would be sure interested to find out.

They'll probably do what LEGO wants them to do.

LEGO appears to be fairly inflexible and uncreative and will probably stick to
their normal policy.

LEGO's normal policy seems to be to tell the store it has been discontinued and
allow the store to mark it down if they want. Kay-Bee toys marks them down
(like the recent discontinued pirate and diver kits, and 8229 Tread Trekker,
all marked down about 30%) and Toys-R-Us apparently doesn't (A couple weeks ago
my nearest Toys R Us still had at least two 8480 Space Shuttle kits at
$129.99). Stores can mark down LEGO products down to whatever it cost them to
buy it from LEGO, which (I hear) is usually about 40% below list price.

- Robert Munafo                            http://www.mrob.com
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13